Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Theatres Team Support Volunteer - CMTC (Runcorn)
Volunteers will play an integral part of the Theatres Support team working alongside staff in Stores, our Sterile Instrument Area.
Initially volunteers will be getting to know the department and its processes in preparing for surgery / theatre procedures. You will be introduced to the storage room that contains instruments and kits used for a variety of procedures.
If you can give any time between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
Specific tasks that you can get involved in include:
chaperoning with staff
Transferring equipment across CMTC / Halton
Collection of equipment / items reception and stores
Stock replenishment & rotation
Housekeeping of shelves and trolleys
Stock date checking and rotation
Receiving stock and instrumentation
West Halton Hospital, WA72HH
Finding out more about how the theatres department works and is supported.
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Possess good communication skills and be approachable
- Possess good interpersonal skills including listening skills
- Have an understanding of manual handling or be willing to have training
- Be able to lift and move items from shelves to other location – physical role
- Be reliable
- Understand the importance of confidentially
- Desirable experience in a stores environment
- IT literate
- Be innovative – ability to identify different solutions
There is a shuttle bus service between all 3 Trust hospitals for those. Volunteers can park at any site and travel
You must be over 16 years old
You need a criminal check You need an induction
Open from Monday 18th September 2017 to Thursday 31st December 2020
Closing on Thursday 31st December 2020 in 926 days.
Left on Thursday 30th November 2017 for Theatres Team Support Volunteer – Warrington
Great first session - lovely team. Spent time cleaning theatre supplies and checking sterile equipment for punctures ... Saving NHS time, must indirectly mean saving lives too!
Left on Tuesday 28th November 2017 for Theatres Team Support Volunteer – Warrington
Friendly informative staff.