Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Halton Theatres Team Support Volunteer
Volunteers will play an integral part of the Theatres Support team working alongside staff in Stores and our Sterile Instrument Areas. Initially volunteers will be getting to know the department and its processes in preparing for surgery / theatre procedures. You will be introduced to the storage room that contains instruments and kits used for a variety of procedures.
A couple of hours once a week is all that we need for volunteers to give.
When supporting stocks the types of tasks you will be asked to help with will include:
general housekeeping of shelving and storage areas,
putting stock away.
Administration related to deliveries and collections
North Cheshire Hospital Nhs Trust, WA72DA
Getting to know what happens behind the scenes in theatres
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Possess good communication skills and be approachable
- Possess good interpersonal skills including listening skills
- Have an understanding of manual handling or be willing to have training.
- Be able to lift and move items from shelves to other location – physical role
- Be reliable
- Understand the importance of confidentially
- Desirable experience in a stores environment
- IT literate
- Be innovative – ability to identify different solutions
administration,checking stock,data input
You must be over 16 years old
You need an induction Accessible
Age Groups Mixed
Open from Monday 11th September 2017 to Thursday 31st December 2020
Closing on Saturday 1st January 2050 in 11634 days.
Left on Thursday 30th November 2017 for Theatres Team Support Volunteer – Warrington
Great first session - lovely team. Spent time cleaning theatre supplies and checking sterile equipment for punctures ... Saving NHS time, must indirectly mean saving lives too!
Left on Tuesday 28th November 2017 for Theatres Team Support Volunteer – Warrington
Friendly informative staff.